31 March 2010

Aloha Christie Nix






Christie and I met one another at the surprise birthday party that Lily and I threw for our guys back in November. Lily and Dave introduced us since they knew we both had a passion for photography. I instantly liked Christie. She is one of those women who is passionate for life, love and laughter. She loves people. She loves good food. She agrees with me that good food is full of nutrients and should nourish your body, not take away from it. But should also taste AMAZING. She gets excited over great jewelry designs like I do and she threw a fabulous Silpada party with me as the rep! The list goes on! Over the past months she has come to shoot beside me at my Portrait Sessions, and during these times we have had fun getting to know one another.

We both share an excitement over a great camera and great camera lens'. And we both studied in Hawaii. Not only is she a talented photographer, but her real passion is cinematography! How cool is that?! Check out her fabulous work :


On my big long-long road trip to our second destination (our first was Ohio with photos of a precious new life coming soon!) - Iowa - I listened to an audio book that Christie shared with me to pass the time. The China Study. By the end of my 10 hour leg I had decided that it is the right time for me to say goodbye to animal products again! I had been a vegetarian for 10 years, a vegan for the last 5 of those. But for the past year and a half I decided to eat meat and dairy again in moderation. It was fabulous and delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed my bison burgers and bison smokies! However my body has been telling me that my little sabbatical is coming to an end....and I am so excited to get back on the road of veganism!! I am going to start out slowly, still eating a little goat cheese and free-range eggs once in a while until I can make sure to find vegan alternatives that are calorie-dense for a nursing mama. If you have any great cookbooks or links to share, please pass them along! Here is a great one the Christie shared with me in our recipe exchanging blitz.... veganyumyum.com . I also LOVE havecakewilltravel.com

Enjoy her gorgeous photos!!

Aloha!

3 comments:

CLN said...

Aloooooha Chelsa! My photo/jewelry/vegan/love life soul mate! Thank you for the great times, great photos, great conversations! I can't wait for Patton to see the images and I can't wait to see you in the summer! Counting the days!

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody,

Lots greetings from Germany. I wish you happy Easter today. I find your Photos are really fantastic and i read so hope I more from you. Lots greetings Anni

the ugly duckling said...

Love, love theses photos !!