19 January 2009

Myles Schaefer Gilbert








As some of you know, Ben and I spent New Years in Colorado visiting his side of the family. Although it was great to see everyone, the best part was finally meeting this little guy - Myles Schaefer Gilbert, our first nephew. The name "Myles" means soldier. Born with Downs Syndrome, Myles and his parents have already battled through so many health issues in his young age. You can read more about their journey on their blog - Gilberts Nuthouse.

These are Myles' 5 month pictures! We had a heck of a time doing this session, but it was fun! The first major challenge was lighting. It was 10 pm, so we had no natural lighting. Gilby remedied this by setting up those huge construction lights - bright and hot! I should have taken a photo of our set up. It was photography challenge to say the least. All in all I think we got at least a few good ones!! I hope you guys like them :)

Chelsa

5 comments:

Deb said...

had you not told us about the lighting challenges, would never have known!! great job.
Oh my, Myles is a cutie! I love these photos the second down and fourth down... are adorable!

Jocelyn said...

Love them! Thank you so much!

Lana Voeller Photography said...

Oh Chelsa he is adorable... You did a great job and great improvising with the lighting. I still can't decide which one is my favorite.. Makes me excited to start back to work. I love the one with his feet, I am a total tiny feet junkie.. Although nothing melts a heart like the love of a mom and dad.. I love seeing how much love shows through a photo when we are with our little ones. What a beautiful family.

CCH Photography said...

Little Myles is such a beautiful gift to this world! Way to capture the beauty that God has displayed in this AMAZING family! You have incredible talent and I am so blessed to know the heart behind the camera! Be blessed Chelsa!

Love,
Miss Chantel

Ashley Stroup said...

What a joy for you! I wish you could have skipped down to Durango and shot some pics of our little one... you do such a beautiful job! It seems like it is all going well for you!! Much love to you!

Ashley Stroup