06 November 2008

Cotton Fields in Autumn






Wow, is Autumn ever wonderful in North Carolina! This is my first Autumn here, and a few weeks back, I was delighted to discover cotton fields! To those who grew up here I am sure this is so normal, but I have never seen it before. So today, I got out of my car to touch it and document it! Actually, the fields are half way cultivated (is that the word you use for cotton?) by big tractors already, so by this time next week I might not have found any to photograph. And for those of you up north who have never had this wonderful experience, it is pretty cool. They bundle up all this cotton into big huge rectangular bales, even bigger than the big round hay bales! I wanted to get a photograph of those also to show you, but didn't want to risk the traffic on the 2 single laner....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chels,
I agree with Chantel's comment from a few days ago...you have such a talent for photography!! It has been so fun to see you evolve these past years into a real professional, with a keen eye that captures life in a simply beautiful way. Thanks for sharing your gift with us!
With much love,
Jane