04 August 2008

My Friend Amanda








Wow, I sure have a lot of catching up to do here! Blogging as well as just going through the photos that I have taken in the past 2 months while I was up in Canada. I really have no excuse for my neglect of the blog other than the weather was just too nice, the friends & family too fun, and the Okanagan Lake calling my name. As I work through some of the photos, I will post some up of a few of my beautiful friends and family.

I was blessed to be able to spend the last 6 weeks of my husband's Ranger School up in Canada. And I am grateful to have the friends and family that I do, they definitely kept my spirits up and kept me busy during that time apart from my man!

I will start with my friend Amanda. Amanda and I went to high school together back in the day! She's one of those friends I know I can always count on - even if we are half a world apart. In the past 2 years, she has spent a number of months in Ghana, working alongside her University doing projects in community development. She is planning on going back to Ghana for another 2 years any time now!

Now let me tell you about this little Portrait Session. We did this as kind of her "grad photos", but it's a good thing we had our friend Nate along to stand guard. Early on in the session we heard this big growl, and me, not knowing a whole lot about "growls", didn't think anything of it. Apparently it was a bear. Yep. Bear Country. So Nate stood guard, and would give us updates every so often on the bear's movements (it was in the bush so we didn't have a visual). Anyway, you know how hard it is to pull yourself away from a photo session when you are in "the zone" - bear or no bear - but there finally came a point where Nate highly recommended that maybe we move our session elsewhere.

The moral of the story? It is good to have guys around that know a thing or two about bears :)

Check out the rest of her photos

No comments: